Today, the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), as the co-ordinating body for the Global Search for Sustainable Schools project, is calling for expressions of interest from qualified organisations. Applicants should be registered as a non-governmental organization within the Philippines, and have audited financial results.
The project, under the Sustainable Lifestyles and Education programme of the 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production Patterns (10YFP), is initiating an international search for and development of sustainable schools with the following objectives:
- Support implementation of regional and national mandates for education in sustainable development and lifestyles;
- Create an effective, replicable and scalable approach to searching for sustainable schools;
- Develop capacities of schools to design and integrate sustainability into their curriculum, infrastructure, management/administrative principles and practices, as well as in the communities hosting them;
- Engage teachers and young students in active participation on implementation of education for sustainable development and lifestyles in their schools, and motivate them to foster sustainable practices at school, within their communities, and in everyday life.
The executing agency will collaborate the Department of the Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in the implementation of the search within the Philippines, with IGES responsible for overall co-ordination at the global level. Specific tasks for the executing agency are:
- Overall financial management of the project.
- Adaptation of project search criteria to local context.
- Implementation of national search.
- Develop and implement communications plan.
- International exchange.
- Attendance at first and second international workshops.
- Implementation of school plans.
- Measurement of CO2 reductions.
The total amount available for a recipient’s activities is US$50,000, with up to 20% of this usable for staffing costs. Sub-contracting is permitted. Implementation should be carried out between August 2019 and September 2020.
Full details can be found in the terms of reference attached. If you have any further questions that are not answered by the terms of reference or have difficulties accessing the online form below, please feel free to contact Mr. Simon GILBY (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Ms. Yulia RUBLEVA (email@example.com) in cc.
Please kindly fill out the Google form (https://forms.gle/R5pNYoKyikRjLx186) and submit no later than Friday, August 2nd. Applications will be assessed by experts from DENR, IGES, and UN Environment, with selection anticipated by Friday, August 9th. Organisations that are not chosen for funding will also be notified.